Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ok, I lied...it's actually all about Khorne right now!


I'm in a holding pattern with my Death Guard; still awaiting word from GW if you can indeed take Plague Zombies in units bigger than 10 (which I believe they will). In the meantime, I have a lot of models already completed from my World Eaters force so I'm going to concentrate on them for a while.

I already have some converted Zerkers, some Rhinos, a Defiler, and a Khornate Daemon Prince pretty much done. Once I checked out the new Chaos codex, one unit I wanted to add to my army was some Chaos Spawn. Spawn are back in a big way! I've always loved them fluff wise, even more so now that they can be more effective on the battlefield as tar pits or close combat monsters.

I built these from bitz I had laying around and that's the joy of converting Spawn, pretty much anything goes! To make these seem more Khornate, I added some minotaur bitz; the axes just scream Blood for the Blood God!

Fluff wise, I see these as Chaos Champions who ultimately failed their test at Daemonhood. What a rough life, one moment enjoying all that comes with power and immortality, the next...drooling and screaming as spawndom wracks your body.


First up is the so called leader of the group. I see this guy as one that Khorne has played a joke upon. Instead of being a huge, stalking Bloodthirster, he's stunted him into a little mini-daemon. You just know this guy has short mans complex now. I used an old OOP minotaur body, some Possessed wings, a Gûlavhar head from LOTR, and a plastic mino-axe to make him.



Next up are the muscle of the unit, the followers of Mini-D. They were really fun to convert up as the sky's the limit when it comes to Spawn.








Last but not least, ol' Scyla Anfingrimm makes an appearance; you just can't keep a good Spawn down!



Next up....some Daemon allies.


2 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Very cool! I really dig how those mini-daemon spawn models are coming along. Great idea, man!

jugger said...

Thanks bro, having fun making them. Once I start the Nurgle ones, prepare for tentacles and slime!