Monday, August 11, 2014

Whirlwind

I realized I had enough parts to make a Whirlwind this evening, and pieced one together pretty quickly. I love these little things! It's not the toughest, but it can hide and still shoot a respectable pie plate to take out light / medium infantry pretty reliably.  Thank you Barrage. Since my usual meta is Tau, anything I can give good cover to and that will break up castling Fire Warriors is good!

Not too much converting here, other than the scrolls, book, and purity seals. I'll probably use this as my test model when I use my airbrush again and start painting the army. Since it should be a fairly low model count, I'm looking forward to it.







4 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Nice! Gotta love it when you find a entire spare rhino chassis in the bits bins. :)

I've always had a soft spot for the humble Whirlwind, really dig the battle damage you've given it!

greggles said...

+1 The battle damage looks great on this guy.

I think every army list should have a barrage weapon. It's too important not to have.

Barrage doesn't always do a lot of damage, but it can win you games more often then not.

It's that little plink, plink damage...slowly adds up. Also forces your opponent to spend time spreading units out, and being wary about deep striking shooty forces.

Whirlwinds also work great with ironclads, because the ironclads ignore them. Drop a clad next to a blob, double flamer, drop the whirlwind. If it scatters on the ironclad? No worries!

Green Stuff Industries said...

Barage is ultra important, I agree. Why don't CSM have them? Great looking model Jugger!

jugger said...

Mord - I was lucky to have so many bitz lying around for it, thanks!

Greg - Oh so true, you gotta love the pie plate! Couldn't agree more.

GSI - Agreed, I wish they did! Thanks!!