Saturday, May 10, 2014

Liebster Awards!

I am truly humbled today. I got selected for two Liebster Awards from a couple of kick ass bloggers you had best be following!

Tony runs Miasma Of Pestilence, and is a dedicated follower of all things Nurgle. He always has some great conversions and painting; some really disgusting stuff! Go check him out now and hope your immune system is ready for it.

Chris blogs over at Sippin' on Paint Water, a very eclectic place with posts on Warhammer, African Wars, mech stuff, you name it. I love his Chaos Marine work! Go there and enjoy the variety.

Also, the Garage just went over 20k hits. Very cool!

So here's the deal with the Liebster Awards.



1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it you.

2. Pass the award to your top 11 blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.

3. Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you have made someone's day!

4. There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but it is nice if you take the time to do so.


Without further ado, here are my 11 blogs under 200 followers I am giving a Liebster to. These are all quality sites you should be checking out daily!

1. 40k Warzone
2. Green Stuff Industries
3. Plastic Crack
4. How to Lose at 40k (and look good while doing it)
5. Dice and Brush
6. Officio Convertorum
7. Terminus Est
8. Maxxev's Blog
9. Gardens of Hecate
10. Warhammer 40k Orks
11. Atomic Warlords


And here are my questions.

1. Why did you start blogging? I needed motivation and feedback to keep building, converting and painting. I started, stopped, and now this last go I've stuck with it and am glad did. I've improved my skills and communicated with some really good folks out n the blogosphere.

2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be? Wargaming celebrities...Ugh. Stop.

3. What is best in life? Running around the woods like you're still a kid at 43.

4. Do you want to live forever? Only if Sandahl Bergman wants to fuck me.

5. Fame or Fortune? I have to quote Frank Underwood from House of Cards here. "Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power - in this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries."

6. What miniature are you most proud of having painted? I really liked how some of my Nurgle stuff has come out recently, especially the Soul Grinders using the new GW tech paints. Usually I can get very down on my painting skills, but those inspired me to keep going and always look to be improving your techniques.

7. How do you deal with burn out? I take breaks and jump between 40k and Fantasy. I also like reading the occasional Black Library novel between all my WWII stuff; that gives me a lot of motivation to jump back in.

8. Why is a raven like a writing desk? Cause Raven from ECW was put through some tables during his career?

9. Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars, unless we're talking Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan. That movie f'ing rules.

10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which would it be? Games Workshop, hands down. They have me hook, like, sinker...and wallet.

11. Favorite takeout? Chinese


And lastly, 11 truths...

1. I am an avid horror movie nut.
2. My other main hobby is WWII reenacting.
3. I'm a country boy.
4. I almost died in 2007.
5. I can still do all my Rocky Horror lines.
6. I miss Breaking Bad.
7. I have some eclectic music tastes.
8. I have a degree in Art I never used.
9. I love photography.
10. I've swam with sharks.
11. Oona Chaplin from Game of Thrones is seriously hot.




7 comments:

CrAzY424 said...

Thanks mate! (40k Warzone)

Anonymous said...

I've already got one, and it's very nice
http://soldatetain.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/the-liebster-award/

Terminus Est said...

Thanks !!

Marcus the Blackheart said...

Wow, thanks!
Atomic Warlords

Green Stuff Industries said...

Thanks, Jugger! BTW, I was in the Balboa/Art Theater cast (aka Midnight Insanity) of Rocky about 15 years ago. Small fucking world!

Green Stuff Industries said...

Your getting awarded back, BTW.

jugger said...

Nice! Any friend of Rocky is a friend of mine brotha!